Alchemist CDC is a mission-driven organization that connects Sacramento area communities to land, food, and opportunity toward a vision in which all neighborhoods are vibrant, equitable, healthy, and diverse.
We are best known for enhancing the quality of life in under-resourced communities by improving access to nutritious foods, implementing community-supported public green spaces, and fostering economic self-sufficiency through business entrepreneurship.
Recognizing that community residents often have the best insight and ideas for addressing their own community’s needs, we see ourselves as building a trellis that provides the structure and support on which grassroots efforts can flourish and grow.
- Alchemist Kitchen: Food Business Entrepreneurship Program
- CalFresh Access at Farmers’ Markets
- Neighborhood Empowerment
- Fiscal Sponsorship
We connect communities to land, food and opportunity.
All neighborhoods are vibrant, equitable, healthy and diverse.
- Vibrant: Neighborhoods are full of creative residents with the best ideas for improving their communities – we are here to help develop and educate residents as a way to strengthen communities
- Equitable: Social justice in community development means that all residents should contribute to and benefit from economic and physical development in their neighborhoods
- Diverse: Community health is strengthened by having residents of diverse ethnicity, economic level, cultural background, age and interest
- Healthy: A healthy community is one that improves the quality of life and over-all well-being of those that live, work and play there